Challenges faced by the target population.
1.Widely spread low perception about diminished role of females in the entire process of economic, cultural and family strata.
2.Extremely limited understanding of religious guidelines about female education, preventing female folks of their birth right “to be literate”.
1.Young and adult girls are protected and sometimes overly monitored, keeping them indoors till they are married.
2.The monster of poverty, gripping harder with every passing day, making survival the first and foremost priority.
3.Most of the females have a daily chores to bring drinking and cooking water, as no tap water is available. In addition, they taking care of family cooking, washing, cleaning and feed domestic animals, this keeps them mentally and physically occupied.
4.General poor health from young age, early marriages and regular pregnancies, make their life difficult and at times short.
5.Public health service is mostly overburdened, incomplete, and of poor quality.
6.Education for girls is considered least important and despite wide spread govt., schools network, it is underutilized.
1. The population is living in the rural setups, as the cities in the district are not developed enough to be considered as urban developments.
2. Mostly regional language is used as the means of communication, limiting the access to the advanced information technologies, to the general public.
3. Education is considered as a reason to earn the living, rather being the source to enlighten the individual.
1. Fast paced basic education for all cohorts, spreading over 3 years, developing reading, writing and mathematics skills.
2. Integrating successful students to primary, secondary and higher main stream full time morning education system.
E) Long Term Integration:
1. Enhancing the scope of work after hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of the community issues and needs.
F) Resources in place:
1. Core management team already running a franchise based school during the morning hours, and has the capacity to look after the evening program being proposed.
2. School Building spread on one acre (with 30 class rooms and two huge play grounds) and basic infrastructure already available to cater for the early startup (August 2023 ), just by adding the furniture, teaching and admin staff with the desired funding.
3. Existing school team to conduct the basic survey and collect the data from 1st April 2023.
G) Resources Needed:
1. Funding needed for :
i. Initial survey and collection of data
ii. Hiring and salaries of teachers, admin and security staff
iii. Contracts to pick and drop students transportation
iv. Required furniture, books and uniform
v. Infrastructure improvement and maintenance of the building
H) Time Line:
1. A three year project, starting as per the following schedule:
i. Planning Spring 2023
ii. Execution from Summer/Autumn 2023
iii) Actual education process starting from Autumn/Winter 2023 to last till Summer/Autumn 2027.
1. The working of the expenses shall be kept at the bench mark of 50 cents / day / student for education, and 50 cents /day /student for health.
2. The “dollar a day” will provide the fundamental guide line to the program for the entire three year length of the first phase of the program.
3. Beneficiaries will be provided with basic education, health monitoring, food supplements and sports facilities for a healthy and progressive living.
4. Annual budget projections are shared below:
J) Strategy / selection criteria
1) Registration of 1000-3000 students will start from April 2023 for three months. The screening process will be done to short list between 300 and 900 students for 3 cohorts. The cohort split will be depending on following criteria:
a) Year five to seven
b) Year eight to eleven
c) Years twelve to fourteen
ii. Desire to learn
a) To be determined through an interview of both the parents
b) Parents commitment and expected level of cooperation
c) To be determined through an interview of both the parents
d) Identifying the household responsibilities of the students
e) Income source and profession of the parents
f) To identify reason for not sending the child to the nearest govt. school
g) Details of the family siblings
h) Speaking and listening skills of the child
i) Giving clear and concise instruction and expect response without any help
b. General health and daily fitness status
a) Seek info on recent or past sicknesses, its frequency, any slips or accidents and recovery status
c. Motor skills
a) Make the student walk, and do some simple stretches to see the mobility, strength and flexibility
a) National identity card of both parents
b) Birth certificate of the child
c) Family tree
d) Mobile number, if available
All the above information will be collected through the local team on a predesigned data sheet and recorded in a soft and hard files for ready and future reference: Screening interview will be held at the school by the board of directors. In the months of May and June, and candidates shall be enrolled.
K) Fund Raising:
Team: The entire project depends on fund raising by the donors, both local and international. The team for fund raising efforts shall be put to work by end fab, 2023, inshallah.
Slogan: The project is designed on the slogan of “dollar a day” theme, including education and health for the students.
L) Donation Strategy:
Based on dollar a day philosphy, the objective will be to attract every donor starting to $1 to $1000 and more. That being the guiding principle, the amount will be spread over a wide range per donor as follows:
1. $1 : Sponsor a child for a day ( pak rs. 300) & multiples
2. $7 : Sponsor a child for a week ( pak rs. 2,100) & multiples
3. $15 : sponsor a child for a fortnight ( pak rs. 4500 ) & multiples
4. $30 : sponsor a child for a month ( pak rs. 9000 ) & multiples
5. $60: sponsor a child for two months ( pak rs. 18,000) & multiples
6. $90 : sponsor a child for one quarter ( pak rs. 27,000) & multiples
7. $ 120 : sponsor a child for four months ( pak rs. 36,000 ) & multiples
8. $ 360 : sponsor a child for a year ( pak rs. 108,000 ) & multiples
9. $ 1080 : sponsor a child for three years ( pak rs. 324,000 ) & multiples
10. Any amount contributed on monthly, quarterly, and annually by donors on periodical basis.
11. One time large contribution.